Triathletes across the country invited to make nominations: Deadline Dec. 24
ORANGE, CA – December 2, 2014 – Triathlon Business International (TBI) is scouring the world looking for triathlon events that are the “Triathlete’s Choice” for best-of races in six categories, as well as the top five highlights of 2014 in the sport of triathlon.
Triathlete’s Choice winners and the top five highlights will be honored at the 2015 Annual TBI Conference, January 25-27, 2015 in Marina del Rey, CA, and will share the stage at the January 26 ACTIVE Network Awards Celebration with the Ron Smith Award winner, plus the best retailers, products, triathlon media stories and photographs in the country.
What is your “Triathlete’s Choice” for:
- Best Large Race (1,000+ registrants)
- Best Small Race (<1,000 registrants)
- Toughest Race
- Best Urban Race
- Best Race for Beginners
- Most Scenic Race
The “Triathlete’s Choice” award criteria encompasses events around the world that: challenge, inspire or bring out the best in participants; go beyond the “call of duty” when it comes to customer service, great organization and information, advice, race day assistance, great volunteers, and/or; raises money for charitable causes.
Triathlete’s Choice nominations must be submitted through the “Triathletes Choice” Survey Monkey form no later than December 24, 2014. The top five nominated events in each of the categories will be announced on January 2, 2015 and triathletes will have two weeks to vote on the top event in each category.
New for 2015, Triathlon Business International is seeking the 2014 highlights in the sport of triathlon. To be nominated as a 2014 highlight, events or accomplishments should encompass one or more of the following criteria: broke a record; set a trend; did something that has not done before; improved the quality of a life; changed or made history. Nominations for 2014 highlights in the sport of triathlon can be submitted by anyone in the sport, and all nominations must be submitted through the Highlights Survey Monkey form no later than December 24, 2014.
The TBI Conference will be packed full of information and opportunities for everyone involved in the business and sport of triathlon. This is where the business of triathlon will get done. The Event Director’s track will continue from last year focusing on the issues and needs of this segmented group of industry professionals. Some of the topics and activities for this year’s TBI Conference include:
- Speed networking – one of the most popular sessions of the conference
- Panel discussions on: what’s new in triathlon; legal issues and challenges; business-to-consumer topics related to pricing, event experience, athlete suggestions to race producers; what can be learned from CEOs
- General Sessions: current research; social media; preview of the ITU Grand Finales and World Championships in Chicago; hot topics
- Event Director Breakout Sessions: financial management tools; business-to-business topics including minimizing litigation, sustaining the bottom line; Top 10 items every race director should know
- The Ron Smith Awards Celebration including announcement of top retailers, most innovative triathlon produce; Top 5 triathlon highlights of the year; Top events for the year; best triathlon article, best triathlon photograph and the male and female Ron Smith Award winners
- ACTIVEX morning workouts, and guided running and cycling routes
About Triathlon Business International
Triathlon Business International is an industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon. Founded by a coalition of industry leaders, Triathlon Business International advocates for the interests of triathlon businesses, provides educational and informative programs, and encourages increased participation in the sport. For more information, please visit www.triathlonbusinessintl.com.
Conference details and online registration are available at http://www.triathlonbusinessintl.com/2015-la-conference.html
Follow TBI on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates on the 2015 conference and information on our members. If you haven’t signed up for the TBI newsletter, you can do it on the home page of the TBI website.